Thursday 17 March 2016

Maisy's Thursday

Shining clean after the bath.
When I awakened this morning I had my list of to-do sorted.  It looked like this:
  • Breakfast
  • Cut "Maverick's" hair
  • Fold dry laundry and put away.
  • Write blog
  • Finish sewing together baby blanket.  (No, it STILL  isn't complete.)
  • Write some e-mails.

Maisy had dozed on the back of the sofa while I alleviated "Maverick" of his unwanted hair.  Since it had been a few months since his last haircut, the result wasa big bundle of hair--once I'd swept it up.  While I returned the broom to the airing cupboard, Maisy decided to rub her face in the wad of hair on the kitchen floor.  The once tidy pile was now three...but easily enough cleared up with a dust pan and brush. 

After "Maverick" left for a bike ride,  Maisy and I sat down on our bed to play.  It was good to see her in a mood to romp, as she'd been sick Tuesday and quiet on Wednesday morning.  In the middle of our game, she abruptly stopped and vomited. The sick looked like it was just fluid and hair!  Great! She'd not only rubbed her face in the hair, she'd eaten some as well.  The blanket which had been washed on Tuesday now needed washing again! Task number one not on my list--rewash blanket.

As the blanket washed, I checked my e-mail and the stats for my blog.  (I am about six blogs behind on hitting my quota for the first quarter of the year.)  Once I had hung the laundered blanket out on the line to dry, I collected the dry laundry and folded it.  

My habit of watching television whilst also doing other tasks does seem to distract and slow me down a bit.  Yet, I folded my way through the clothes on a consistent basis while watching:  Cats Make You Laugh Outloud.  I don't think Maisy was too impressed with it though!

Two items on the to-do list marked off.  Before sitting down to write the blog, I decided to take Maisy out to the park for a walk.  As we made our way around the grassy field, I noticed that she kept dragging her bottom on the grass.  During the observation it became clear that Maisy needed a trim under her tail.  Her "stinky-bottom" required removal with scissors!  Bummer!  Another un-expected task--requiring patience and persistence.

The plan was that I would immediately address the problem when we walked in the door.  Not to be...

"Maverick" held up his mobile so that I could hear a familiar, friendly voice.  It has been several years since we'd spoken by phone and it was lovely to hear "Miss Nann's" voice.  We chatted a few moments, enjoying the opportunity to catch up with each other’s news.  

I was beginning to think that blogging would not happen today.  Even though it would be reasonable to defer blogging for the necessity of grooming Maisy, I thought I would keep my hopes up and make the most of my time.

"Maverick" was preoccupied with our newest toy--a juicing machine--which had been delivered while I was in the park with Maisy.  Occasionally I would get a bit of narrative on his progress. 

In the meantime, I used treats to bribe Maisy onto the couch and work on brushing her.  Because,  I had decided that once the "stinky bottom" had been trimmed, Miss Maisy would get a bath.  Finally, I succumbed to the need of a second person to hold Maisy while I applied my barber skills to her specific need.  “Maverick” interrupted his juicer unpacking to assist me.

Maisy’s dislike of grooming made her restless.  Therefore I had to work quickly, yet gently and precisely, so as not to cut her.  All of us were glad when I was done.  And Maisy made quick work of the cheese/beef nibblet.

Bath towels were procured, the faucets turned on and Maisy lured by treats into the bathroom.  She left the treat on the floor. Poor Baby, she whined constantly, and tried to crawl up the sides of the porcelain tub while I applied the shampoo, conditioner and rinsed with the shower nozzle.   But she endured.

I wrapped her in the towel, grabbed the camera and then turned her loose.  I was going to capture her version of “tumble dry”.  I’m sharing the three videos—as they are short.  The first is on the bed with the towel.  The second is of her eating the treat she’d left of the bathroom floor.  The third one is of her drying herself more on the back of the couch. 




I hope you enjoy.
And it looks like I did get my “to-do” list completed after all.
Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
“Lady Helene”

1 comment: