Tuesday 12 April 2016

I want to ride my bicycle...but it is not happening today...



  
        Okay, so I was excited by the idea of having a bike to ride.  At first glance, the bike I was given looked to be in good shape.  I thought a good service would make it road worthy.  However, looks are deceiving.

          “Maverick” was indeed sceptical when I brought the bike home.  But in his generous way, he took it to the bike shop near Heathrow.  The Heathrow Cycle Hub is one of “Maverick’s” resources for bikes, accessories and maintenance. 

          The guys did a careful look, thinking it might be worthwhile to make the Raleigh bike ride-able.  But they discovered the bike was over 20 years old.  Getting parts was either very difficult and very expensive or just impossible. 

          “Maverick” and I discussed it, concluding that since the bike was not a family hand-me-down, nor was it a valuable antique refurbishing it was not financially viable.  It would be best to take the same amount of money and buy a new bike.  And so, that is the plan. 
          Oh well!!!  Watch this space.
Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
“Lady Helene”

No comments:

Post a Comment