Tuesday 12 April 2016

A Brilliant Surprise



   
       What is better than an unexpected gift?  A personally, hand-made gift from a dear friend.  To be shown how much one is loved and appreciated through a special expression of friendship fill one’s heart with wonder.  Well, such events fill my heart.  

          Last Saturday afternoon, (10th April) I was watching television when “Maverick” walked into the lounge.  He’d been out to deliver the weekly church newssheets. 

[I produce the newssheets for the three parish churches.  “Maverick” very generously delivers them to the appropriate people for Christ the Worker Church and St. Francis, while I deliver the ones for St. Mary’s.]

          “Maverick” leans forward and kisses me.  Then he says: “I have something for both of us, but primarily for you.  It’s from Mrs. “B”.  I think you’ll love it.”    

            From behind his back he pulls a shopping/ carrier bag.  I take it, noticing it is rectangular in shape, rather flat and was therefore is not food.  I pulled out a framed drawing of Maisy.  Wow!  What a blessing!  It is simply executed in oil pastel, and that is what makes it so lovely.  It looks just like Maisy.  So, of course, I had to scan it and post it!

I hope you enjoy it too.

Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
“Lady Helene”

No comments:

Post a Comment