Wednesday 24 October 2012

Getting basted--the sewing that is!

I was truly attempting to blog every day--so, I apologise for missing a day. 

This evening The Maverick was busy working on his bicycle with his best friend, Jon-David.  So I was displaced from the lounge. 

And "Mr. Biz" is here for the night, as he occassionally stays with us when his chauffer work brings him up from the South Coast (of England) where he lives.When "Mr. Biz" is here, I try to stay out of my studio/office, as it serves as our guest room as well. 

Since this evening provided circumstances that lifted the sanctions against hanging out in my office, I came in and picked up where I left off on the sewing project I've got going.

As mentioned in a previous post, my youngest step-daughter, "Floss" is getting married on 2nd November.  So I'm making a ring-bearer's pillow.  I made good progress yesterday, but didn't get it finished. 

Two silk ruffles are going around the edges.  With them both pinned on, the pins are too close to sew over.  So, I'm using the wise and wonderful trick that seamstresses have used for ages--basting.  Once the basting is done, I'll be able to remove all the pins and sew over the edges easily. 

I can hardly wait to see how this turns out! 

Aren't you glad that I'll post photos once the pillow is complete?

Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
"Lady Helene"


No comments:

Post a Comment