Monday 6 August 2012

No Cooking tonight...

                        “I don’t have to cook dinner tonight....I don’t have to cook dinner tonight...”  When I woke up on Wednesday, 11th July, that was the first thought on my mind.  I was looking forward to an evening out.  Not going to a restaurant, as pleasant as that is.  Rather, it was a Chinese meal cooked by a young lady known as “Alice.”  Alice is from Beijing, and I can’t pronounce her Chinese name. 
                        Alice is a student at Burnell University in Uxbridge.  She is friends with “Will” & “Bea”, who were missionaries in China for a few years.  They all attend St. Francis Church.  I work on the Around Langley Magazine with “Will.”
                        “Will & Bea” acted as hosts, whilst Alice used their kitchen to cook.  There were four couples at the table.  The menu included Chicken cooked in Coke, spicy tofu and vegetables, tomato and scrambled egg, egg friend rice and dumplings.  For dessert, Alice had prepared tiramisu, but without the alcohol.  There was also ice cream, which was followed by Chinese tea. 
                        We are planning to have Alice, “Will & Bea” over for dinner—something American or South African.  Then Alice can wake up and say, “I don’t have to cook dinner tonight.”
                        Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
                        “Lady Helene”  

No comments:

Post a Comment