Saturday 7 June 2014

Cooker & Camera

Panoramic view of our lounge

"The Maverick" and I discovered that we needed photos of him wearing the bright orange tee-shirt my sister sent him.  We were working on his logo, and the lettering in the background is blue.  In the previous photos I took, he was wearing a purple shirt.  
 So, on Sunday, 4th May, I took my camera to church with me so we could get the photos.  I turned the camera on, and the screen went black.  Turned it off, turned it back on...black screen.  The information was still read-able (flash, battery charge, etc.) But the screen showed nothing--just black. Well, end of photoshoot. I learned after some research on the internet that the sensor had died.  And seeing it was several years old, it wasn't worth fixing.  That meant buying a new camera.

A friend took the photos for us and put them onto a disc. 

In the meantime, I completed work on "The Maverick's" logo for tee-shirts, bags and cards.  Now you can see what I mean about the orange shirt on the blue background.  :-)

 Since I had to wait for pay-day, I took some time to research cameras on Amazon and Google.  I wanted a more progressive camera, and came across one called a "bridge" camera.  It is a cross between a point-and-shoot, and a digital single lense reflex camera. 

An especially desired feature was the view-finder for really sunny days.  Yippee, I found one.  A Fujifilm Digital--FinepixS series 4530 model.  In red, no less.  It arrived on Monday, 2nd June.  I was collecting my bag and cardigan/sweater to leave when there was a knock at the door.  The post man handed me the box, for which I signed.  I had no time to open the box.  


I know it sounds daft, but it took me a couple of days to open the box.  And it has only been today that I've had the time to actually read the manual and try it out.  

I used to be a person who would just take something out and try pushing buttons, or playing with a new item to learn how it worked.  But in my thirties I began making myself sit down, read the manual and do things step by step.  First, it was a lot faster in the long run.  Secondly, I learned just how much I could do with the product and get a lot more use out of it.  

One of the features on this camera is a panorama mode.  You can see the result in the top photo.  I am looking forward to using this whilst my sister is here later this month.  

One of the reasons I am so chuffed by having a new camera is that I can now post a photo of our new cooker.  It arrived on Friday, 2nd May.  Trying to decided on the best model and make was quite a chore, as we had not been thinking of replacing our cooker.  In the end we bought a Belling.  

You notice the wok on the stove?  This cooker has a wok burner, which has a large ring with flame inside a small circle and the a larger ring of flame on the outside.  And there is a wire frame that wok settles into.  This makes wok cooking so much more convenient.  

There is a fold-down top, which makes sure the gas is not still on.  It has a shut-down mechanism.  I have a tendency to leave it up, though because I like to have the wok out.  

I feel like I'm back in business now that I have a cooker and a camera.  Take away meals are nice for a change, but a hot meal at home is still wonderful.  And pictures, drawings and photos make telling a story so much easier.  

I'll be posting photos of the tee-shirts and bags I have made to raise support for "Riding Against the Traffik"  .  

Serving Jesus, Author of our Faith,

"Lady Helene"




No comments:

Post a Comment