Monday 10 December 2012

Sewing class progress

          Today is sunny, which I know will please "Floss".  Over twenty-give years ago on this date, another woman was in labour and giving birth to my youngest step-daughter.  I am grateful that "Floss's" Mom has not been selfish, but willingly shared "Floss" with me.  Happy Birthday Wonderful Girl!
        So, today is the last day of our sewing class.  I shall miss the ladies and learning new skills to improve my sewing.  I must admit, the two-and-a-half hours go speedily each week.  
       The new schedule for classes that begin the middle of January come out today as well.  Great anticipation fills my little heart; as I want to see what comes next!  If possible, I may want to take two classes if I can.  
On the hanger
       Please forgive my vanity in thinking that you might want to see the final product of this class.

       This is a very simple frock; the skills learned in it's making are foundational on which to build.  It's rather like a musician learning to play scales and read music before he/she plays a song, or writes a symphony.  

       What I really like is that the dress actually fits better than most others I've made, because the dress is made to fit my exact measurements.

      Week before last, as I was basting in the sleeves, I showed the instructor my work.  As she inspected, she remarked: "Hurry and get a car!  I want you on my team."  That is so encouraging!

A satisfying fit. 
         There is a hunch that I will be wearing this dress a lot because it is so comfortable and feels flattering. 

        Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
"Lady Helene"

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dalletta,

    I so love hearing about your progress on different fronts. Wish you were close so you could bake me a gingerbread gouyse.

    The boys should be home for Christmas about 20th December, can't wait, it is ages since they have been home.

    Older lad is busy with his dissertation for masters, and younger one working at present, then back for his final year 2013 for Masters in Architecture. Wow, then we get an increase.

    Love to all on that side.

    Could you email some photos of the wedding party, especially the one with you and the bike man in the church. It was lovely seeing the beautiful ones.

    Love to the Maverick and yourselves. Will phone for Christmas.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,

      Iwill gladly e-mail some wedding photos to you. Even with its challenges, Heather's and Gareth's speical day was wonderful.

      Amazing that your young men are obtaining Masters Degrees. They are hard workers. God has truly bless you.

      We love you all. Truly looking forward to your phone call.

      "Lady Helene"

      Delete
  2. Very well done! No vanity involved, we want to see what you're sewing! I really hope you can get a car and join her team, as long as you're up for it and all the extra excitement LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie-Anne,

      You are such a blessing. I created a blouse pattern today in class. Now I will have to find time to make it! But business with purpose is a great feeling. I can't wait to read more posts on your blog.

      "Lady Helene"

      Delete
  3. It must be fun to wear something that fits properly! Have fun with the blouse! Will be back to my blog when the notion takes me LOL

    ReplyDelete