Saturday 1 September 2012

It's Here!



First of all, Happy September. 
Now, onto the news!  It’s here!  What’s here?  Our new washing machine.  Yippee!  Outwardly I haven’t seen overly excited.  But truly I am pleased.
                        Since it was ordered on 27th July, we’ve been waiting patiently for the delivery of our Bosch washer.  We were told it would be a week, two at the most, before it came from the store.  As it turned out, the model we wanted is VERY popular—so popular that the manufacturer is having trouble keeping up with all the orders.  The small company we ordered it from had to wait until the manufacturer had enough to fill their order.  We got a phone call on Tuesday, (28th August) telling us it would be delivered on Wednesday, 29th August.
                        Wednesday morning, having just sat down at the table with our scrambled eggs and watermelon, we saw the delivery truck pull up.  The clock on the lounge wall read 7:55 am.  John left his plate and went to meet the young man delivering it.  By 8:10 a.m. the new machine sat in our kitchen awaiting installation.  I had to miss that fun, as I had to go to work. 
                        It would be fair to say the normal expectation would be for me to grab the instruction booklet and have a load going as soon as I could.  But in all honesty, I was tired after work and was more occupied with a sewing project I’m doing.  Besides, I had all day Thursday to get acquainted. 
                        Thursday, I had taken my walk, had a shower and was eating my breakfast whilst watching an episode of Great British Bake Off on my laptop..  The phone rang. 
                        It was our friend, Philetech.  Philetech and his wife, Sandgroper, had acted as our “Chinese Laundry Service” during the past month.  They picked up our dirty clothing, washed, dried, organised it and then returned clean clothes to us.  We were so thankful.  (I baked them a chocolate pie.)
                        “How are you, Philtech?”
                        “I’m fine, thank you.  I’d like to ask a favour.”  He replied.
                        “Sure, if I can.” 
                        “I was wondering if Sandgroper could bring a load of laundry over.  Our washing machine just packed up.” 
                        With a grin on my face, I said, “Are you kidding me?”  The irony twisted my brain; it was almost unbelievable.
                        “Honestly it quit working.  This morning, as I was looking at it, it gave me a big jolt of electricity. “  ( I learned later he’d unplugged the wrong appliance.) 
                        I assured him it was a pleasure to help, and yes Sandgroper could come straight away.  So, I didn’t have the pleasure of initiating my new machine; that privilege fell, appropriately enough, to the folk who had so generously provided laundry care for us.  Their new machine, which was immediately in stock, was delivered today.
                        One of the features on this new machine is that it squeals when the load is finished.  Okay, so it’s really a loud beep!  And speaking of that beep, I just heard it telling me that MY first load is done.
Time to go stick move it to the dryer.
Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,
“Lady Helene”
                

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love your whimsical writing with loving overtones. God bless you! Carolyn

    http://chariotrecords.com/artists/daniel-and-carolyn-rainwater/

    ReplyDelete