Wednesday 15 February 2012

15 February

Today is Wednesday, 15th February.  It has significance for me because of birthdays. 


My sister and I had a dear friend, named John Carmichael who was born on this day.  He would have been fifty-two today.  But he fell ill over 10 years ago.  He is still missed by those who knew and loved him.


Also, in 1901 Mamie Deloris Boltz Cox was born.  She is my Maternal Grandmother.  Amazingly that makes it 111 years ago on this day that she was born.  She died from a stroke in 1984 on 16 August.  I still think of her most days and really miss her.


Now, on a happier note, nine years ago today I was at a party.  It was the wedding reception for My Midnight Man and myself at the American Golf Club in Sunnymeade.  Wehad been married almost a month--just three days shy!  It was great because two ladies from Hillsong church had arranged the reception for us.  All John and I had to do was put on our wedding clothes and show up!  It was a wonderful afternoon!


Just little thoughts for today. 


Serving Jesus, Author of our faith,


"Lady Helene"

No comments:

Post a Comment