Monday 21 February 2011

Appreciating the Feedback...

      I recently picked up a copy of Blogging For Dummies from the library.  One of the questions I had when I started blogging was how often I should blog.  The author said that to build a large readership, blogging everyday is a good goal.  That relieved my mind--as I didn't want to overwhelm my readers.  
     I am always surprised at which postings get feedback.  The posting "Thoughts for Today" about foods I don't like has generated some lovely feed back.  The following is from one of my friends.  I'm posting it because she has provided some tasty suggestions.
____
Hi Dalletta,
       Agree with you on the alcohol. Tastes terrible. We have tried wine samples before at restaurants. Why try to learn to like something that isn't necessary anyway? I have enough trouble with chocolate! Yum!.
      I used to hate mushrooms, but have learned to like them somewhat. Saute in a little soy sauce & water (need water so ss doesn't get too strong & concentrated & so there is a "broth" formed.)  Serve over baked potato. Low fat & yummy.
     Olives! Can't get enough of them - green or black.  My Italian family favorite. Marinate black olives in olive oil, garlic, oregano & just a pinch of crushed red pepper. Eat as is or add to salad. Amazingly delicious. (Of course, it's in my Italian blood so maybe that's why I like it so much.)
     Hope you & John are well. Our whole family has started on a health-improvement adventure called Transformation.com.  http://www.transformation.com/pages/public/welcomeCheck it out online. Dean & I, Joel & Kellie, and Lisa all involved. Even Steve is working on some areas without "officially" joining. Great support from others.
    Keep in touch!
                                       ~~~><>S.N.<><~~~
Thanks for the feedback.  I am sure My Midnight Man will love the marinated olives.  

Serving Jesus, Author of our faith.


1 comment:

  1. It's interesting how when we are younger, how fixed we can be in how things are done. I can remember a friend saying that he didn't allow alcohol including wine into his house. I thought, what a pity you would never be able to have spaghetti bolognase or lasagne. Never dawned on me that bolognase sauce could be made without wine until many years later.

    ReplyDelete